The International Institute for Information Design (IIID) is a global network for people who work to make information clearer – for everyday life, business, education and science.
We work at two levels:
As the international focus for the information design profession.
- We are recommended by UNESCO as a partner organization.
- We run the IIID Award, the prestigious international award scheme that attracts hundreds of entries from across the world.
- We have World Regional Representatives in over 20 countries.
- We sit on relevant committees of the International Standards Organisation.
- We publish the Information Design Education Directory – constantly under development.
As a community focus for information designers, students, researchers and teachers around the world.
- Our series of IIID Conversations is an online forum for designers to meet and exchange experiences.
- Our website and social media keep information designers in touch.
- Vision Plus conferences, run together with partner organisations, allow members to meet and hear about new developments in practice and research.
IIID Executive Board
Simplification Center, UK
|President elect||Veronika Egger|
|Finance & |
Chapman University, Orange, CA, USA
|Karel Van der Waarde|
High Performance, Austria
|New board members elected 2020||Sheila Pontis, USA|
Keith Tam, Hong Kong
Immediate Past President:
Professor Clive Richards
Professor Emeritus of Information Design at Birmingham City University, UK
IIID General Assembly
The General Assembly (GA) takes place once every two years. It consists of all IIID members or representatives of member organisations. Members have the right to vote at the General Assembly and all members are eligible for office as Board members of IIID.
See also IIID Statutes (German version: IIID Statuten).
World Regional Representatives (WRRs)
IIID world regions may be a single country or a collection of geographically adjacent or related states. World Regional Representatives are IIID members who represent the IIID by
- providing a point of contact for the IIID within their regions.
- sharing and promoting IIID news within their communities.
- keeping the worldwide IIID community updated on information design developments within their region.
WRRs are enlisted through being nominated and elected, or re-elected, by the IIID GA on a biennial basis, in the same manner as members of the Executive Board.
Dark blue regions in the map are countries with IIID World Regional Representatives (WRRs), light blue countries have IIID members but no WRR, and the small red dot in the middle of Europe is Austria, the home of IIID.