The International Institute for Information Design (IIID) is a global network for people who work to make information clearer – for everyday life, business, education and science.
We work at two levels:
As the international focus for the information design profession.
- We are recommended by UNESCO as a partner organization.
- We run the IIID Award, the prestigious international award scheme that attracts hundreds of entries from across the world.
- We have World Regional Representatives in over 20 countries.
- We sit on relevant committees of the International Standards Organisation.
- We publish the Information Design Education Directory – constantly under development.
As a community focus for information designers, students, researchers and teachers around the world.
- Our series of IIID Conversations is an online forum for designers to meet and exchange experiences.
- Our website and social media keep information designers in touch.
- Vision Plus conferences, run together with partner organisations, allow members to meet and hear about new developments in practice and research.
IIID Executive Board
|Finance & |
Chapman University, Orange, CA, USA
|Karel Van der Waarde|
High Performance, Austria
|New board members elected 2020||Michael Babwahsingh, USA|
Sheila Pontis, USA
Keith Tam, Hong Kong
Immediate Past President:
Professor Clive Richards
Professor Emeritus of Information Design at Birmingham City University, UK
IIID General Assembly
The General Assembly (GA) takes place once every two years. It consists of all IIID members or representatives of member organisations. Members have the right to vote at the General Assembly and all members are eligible for office as Board members of IIID.
See also IIID Statutes (German version: IIID Statuten).
Dark blue regions in the map are countries with IIID World Regional Representatives (WRRs), light blue countries have IIID members but no WRR, and the small red dot in the middle of Europe is Austria, the home of IIID.
World Regional Representatives (WRR)
IIID world regions may be a single country or a collection of geographically adjacent or related states. World Regional Representatives represent the IIID by providing a point of contact for the IIID within their regions. Through their local contacts, they promote IIID events and gather intelligence on matters within their regions relevant to the interests of the IIID.
They regularly supply the IIID Vice-President (Communications) with updates on information design developments within their locale for inclusion in ID Community News and other IIID media. They also prepare reports annually on their activities for IIID Executive Board (EB) and General Assembly (GA).
WRRs are enlisted through being nominated and elected, or re-elected, by the IIID GA on a biennial basis, in the same manner as members of the EB.
• Gordon Akwera, USA
• Katrin Beste, Austria
• Yosune Chamizo Alberro, Mexico
• Mikhaila Aldaba, Philippines
• Veronika Egger, Austria
• Mario Fernando Uribe, Colombia
• Martin Fössleitner, Austria
• Diana Frank, Germany
• Gill Harvey, Canada
• Claudine Jaenichen, USA
• Juuso Koponen, Finland
• Klaus Kremer, New Zealand
• Tingyi Lin, Taiwan
• Judith Moldenhauer, USA
• Rodrigo Ramirez, Chilé
• Will Stahl-Timmins, UK
• Ricky Stoch, South Africa
• Alex Tyers, Australia
• Rupesh Vyas, Finland
• Karel van der Waarde, Belgium
• Rob Waller, UK